Tuesday, February 28, 2006

THRIFT SHOP TRIFECTA TUESDAY:
Cape Cod Mysteries, Nudist Barbie Dolls and more

Three thrift shops with three daughters in 90 minutes. This is what we do every other Tuesday when the fourth daughter is at a writing class.

This thrift shop whirlwind would be tedious in the extreme if we were shopping only for ourselves. How many more nude Barbie dolls does a three-year-old need from a thrift shop anyway? When you're shopping for potential customers then shopping is much more interesting and results in deposits in one's bank account. Very motivating.

The thrift shop that has the smallest assortment of books, that from the outside seems the least likely place to find books, and where I purchase the fewest books at one time, often produces the biggest finds. I found a $100 fairy tale book there today. At the thrift shop that has the biggest used book selection in the Midwest my only acquisitions today were a half dozen Cape Code mysteries by Phoebe Taylor, which I'll sell is a lot on eBay. You just never know.

Oh, and did I mention the nudist Barbies? Bringing home junk from the thrift shop is one of the perks of having parents that are online booksellers. I hope it makes up for all the times they reach for a book on our shelves and we snap at them, "Be careful! That book is listed!"
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Oooh, I love the new header! LOL at the naked Barbie thing - somehow that is how they always are at garage sales and thrift shops, isn't it?

1:52 PM  
Blogger lovebooks&love2read said...

I had to laugh at this one too...my daughter, who is 35, was browsing my "listed" books and took one. I have ALWAYS shared my books with her, and they almost always come back looking like new. I told her I had listed this one "like new" and asked her to be careful with it! That was a first!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home