Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Distracted by Mr. Clean


Washing walls is normally not a temptation from me. Today, however, I bought a package of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and now I'm an addict.

The Magic Eraser is a sponge that does not use chemical cleaners but is an abrasive that works like fine sandpaper. Booksellers can very carefully use these erasers to remove foxing from the edges of books (see this article for more details). I didn't stop there. Like an artist searching for a canvas, I sought out every available dirty surface. I cleaned the chrome edges of the Formica table. I cleaned an entire wall and now it no longer looks like it desperately needs to be repainted. I cleaned the inside of the microwave. I cleaned the Stokke wooden chairs my little ones use at the table.

I'd still be magically erasing now but I wore out the first eraser. One more white sponge awaits me and I will save that thrill for tomorrow. The downside to the Magic Eraser is the cost. About $1 a pop, so once can't use it with abandon. You can get a $1 coupon here. I see that Amazon sells 24 packs for $21.95. Oh, the temptation.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

They are great, aren't they?

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, they're awesome. Certain things they work better dry than wet, especially on stubborn grime.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home