Thursday, June 01, 2006

Throwing Books

Experiencing panic at the sight of one's child paging through a picture book is probably something that happens only to a bookselling parent. After two years of hearing me say, "No! That book is listed!" my two youngest daughters were wide eyed and very quiet when I offered them the opportunity to spend part of the morning throwing books.

"You can throw them. Sit on them. Kick them," I said and showed them the pile of children's books we have recently purged from our inventory. Instead they sat and paged carefully through the books and read aloud to each other. After several minutes Fourth Daughter said, "Look mama! I'm throwing books!" She then proceeded to throw the book they way one might throw a delicate antique Christmas ornament with the intent of not having it shatter.

I've trained them well. Or have I?
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home