Saturday, July 01, 2006

Life Has Meaning Again



Last week I went to Borders in the hope that one or several books would find me. I normally don't purchase books as a result of idle browsing and know exactly what I want and buy it online. It had been months, however, since I read anything for pleasure, and I was desperate I was beginning to fear that bookselling had killed my joy of reading. Therefore I was delighted to discover the latest installment in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Series: Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith. Life has meaning again.

If you have not spent time reading about Precious Ramotswe and her adventures as a self-taught private detective in Botswana then what are you waiting for? They might seem like "cozy", lightweight mysteries but they are not.

It has an Amazon sales ranking of around 200 so it'll sell within hours after I finish reading it and list it, and for a decent price, which will take the sting out of paying retail for it. A perk to bookselling.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger GuusjeM said...

I too have noticed that the more books I sell the less time and inclination I have for pleasure reading, esp. new books. I seem to gravitate toward my old and familar favorites which I read over and over aggin.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

What a perk indeed!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home