Thursday, August 24, 2006

How About Those Cubs?



This book was yesterday's find of the day. I almost passed it by because it was published by Doubleday in 2005. I spent a good chunk of my high school years watching Cubs games on cable (I watched even more Cubs games than MTV videos because I liked watching Ron Cey hit home runs better than I liked watching Michael Jackson dance) I knew that the Cubs have a huge fan base, so surely this book had a large print run. Like the Cub fan that I am, however, I can't give up on them easily and called home (yes I don't have ScoutPal or a smartphone yet but when you have those things you don't get to speak to your husband and hear excited cries of "mama!" in the background) and found out the book is worth $50. Whoa. As Harry Caray used to say, "Cubs win!"
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home