Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Perhaps the most boring sounding title in our inventory

Micrographia: Or, Some physiological descriptions of minute bodies made by magnifying glasses, with observations and inquiries thereupon. ZZZZZZ. (Sorry. I dozed off while typing that title.)

It's a Dover book. Dover books usually aren't worth selling, of course. But Dovers from the 1960's with hyper-specific titles like these can sell in the $20-30 range. This title is a bit more exotic: Theory of the Motion of the Heavenly Bodies Moving About the Sun in Conic Sections.

I think I like this one the best: The Bad Child's Book of Beasts and More Beasts for Worse Children and a Moral Alphabet.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Anonymous 'berta said...

I recently found your blog and have been enjoying it. I moved to Austin from Monona believe it or not just a few years ago. I miss Monona and it's nice to have a little link back to it.

One year ago I started selling books online. It's been very rewarding. I've found a good source here for used books and can usually find a gem or two a week.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you care to share what is your "good source?" We live in WA state but am still looking for a good source beside happening on a few good books at thrift stores and garage sales. I really do not know where else to find some really good buys.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oooh, I want the last one.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous 'berta said...

It's not a huge secret, I think that most cities have a Friends Of The Library organization but there is a particular Friends sale that I hit regularly. I can get softcovers for fifty cents and hardback for a buck. Tonight I found a 1st edition Mastering the Art of French Cooking, a HC Blackbeard's Ghost w/DJ pristine 1st printing-Houghton Mifflin. In the past I've picked up a signed 1st Kavalier & Clay, HC, a signed Jimmy Carter, a signed Nellie Connolly 1st ed. From Love Field.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home