Wednesday, February 28, 2007

If only all e-mails were like this

Yesterday a customer was kind enough to send me the following e-mail:

Dear Ms. Ashland:

I received the book, "A Castle and Sixpence", on Saturday, Feb. 24. It came just one day before my sister's birthday. It is everything I hoped it would be. Thank you for a beautiful book.

My sister and I read this story when we were small, and reading it now takes us back to our childhood years.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

[name withheld]

P.S.: We read this story in an album called "Bounty Book for Girls". If you should ever get a hold of that album with this story in it, please let me know. I would very much like to buy it. The album had many illustrated British stories in it, and it was published probably around the early 1960s.

An e-mail like this says a lot about a person, doesn't it? I wish I would've read that book before selling it. If any sellers out there have Bounty Book for Girls in stock hit the e-mail button in my sidebar and let me know. It sounds like a sure sale.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

That is so awesome indeed! It makes me want to rush out and read both books.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Sheila said...

Hello!

I think your customer must be British or she spent some of her elementary years in the UK ....I'm a transplanted Brit from Durham living in Florida now and I can remember reading The Bounty Annuals among many other similar type of books. They are hardbacked largish books with a compendium of stories in them. The same type of books are still available in Britain sold as "annuals". Nowadays the stories are more likely to revolve around pop stars, tv programs and comic heroes rather than the simple adventurous children or fairytale like stories of those early halcyon days... I sold a Boys Annual last month that I brought back with me from my last trip 'home'. Unfortunately it didn't make much money but its nostalgic pictures and stories brought back fond memories of my youth!! (If only I'd kept my Annuals) - they used to be very popular gifts at Christmas time and were a common gift found under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. It helped keep the kids quiet in those early hours!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Here is one from my "warm fuzzy" file:

Colleen,

We love the book. I am reading it to my three daughters ages 10, 9 and 5. Actually the older ones also take turns reading a chapter and the Bible verses.

Yes...the pictures are darling. The book is very old fashioned but, I like that.

Your packaging was excellent. The book faired very well as well as the packaging.

Thank you for the wonderful book,

Kelly

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home