Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Made a Bundle with BuyBundle

Well, maybe not a bundle, but $45 in one day.

I had completely forgotten that I signed up for BuyBundle last fall as a way of effortlessly uploading my inventory to Google Base (I had tired of uploading it myself because it took much too long). BuyBundle takes your Amazon listings and lists them on Google Base for you. If someone does a Google search for your book they have the option of buying it directly from you through Google Base and not bothering with Amazon.

BuyBundle is a free service and there is a ten percent commission on sales, plus the PayPal fees. You don't have to do updates after the initial upload because it automatically updates your listings when you update them in Amazon.

Not surprisingly, Amazon announced a couple of months ago that Amazon Stores inventory could no longer be listed on Google Base. Google Base and BuyBundle fell off my radar screen as a result. I hadn't ever received a Google Base order anyway.

But yesterday I received two BuyBundle orders. The buyers payed with PayPal. I deleted the PayPal receipts, figuring they were spam because the e-mails said "BuyBundle" order and I didn't remember what BuyBundle was. Then I saw the e-mails from BuyBundle and it eventually dawned on me that these were legit orders.

If you're looking for more exposure for your inventory it couldn't hurt to consider listing your books on Google Base through BuyBundle.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I had 4 orders through BuyBundle in January-February and nothing since. Go figure!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was all excited about Buybundle last fall, but I've been waiting since forever to make a single sale there! Maybe someday it will happen.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home